San Diego, CA
About This Project:
Alvarado Water Treatment Plant Phase 3
Flocculation/Sedimentation Basins Rehabilitation
Location: San Diego, California
- Expansion of plant capacity from 120 MGD to 200 MGD.
- Partial demolition of both flocculation basins and associated systems and structures.
- Construction of new cast-in-place concrete structure totaling 4000 CY influent, effluent, and overflow channels; flocculation basins and flocculation systems.
- Modification of the settled water conduit to accommodate conveyance of ozonated settled water.
- Rehabilitation of Sedimentation Basins 1 & 2.
- Removal and replacement of the chain and flight system, replacement of weir plates, upgrade of sludge collection and conveyance system.
- Installation of 135’ of 54” steel underground pipe.
- Support of existing structures with approximately 2000sf of beam & lag shoring system.
- Construction of a new chemical feed building of masonry and structural steel.
- Installation of new electrical and instrumentation.